Monday, April 13, 2009

Misc.

Just to catch up quickly on the rest of what has been happening around the Burkinshaw home, here is a quick recap of the last week or so.
Between the 1st and 2nd session of General Conference John and I decided to plant some more plants in the flowerbed by the door. It was a lot quicker than anticipiated, and once they fill in more, I think it will look fantastic! Only a little more to go!
We also had the opportunity to go camping with people from our church. For it I made some chocolate chip cookies. This was a huge deal for me because I have never been able to make chocolate chip cookies turn out right. Thanks to Grandma's mixer, I was able to achieve near perfect cookies! (It was for the campout)
I also got a few shots of John cooking breakfast. It was a good thing I ate so well that morning because by some slip in judgement I found myself on a 5 mile hike around the lake. Sam (The name we decided on for the little guy in my tummy) got lots of rest during the walk, however I was exhausted by the time we got back, and I am still sore from it even as I write. We had a blast though, and have decided that as long as the weather is as beautiful as it was for us (beautiful meaning cool and cloudy) we wouldn't mind camping out more!

2 comments:

Debora said...

So how often do you look at these comments? I posted a picture of a baby blanket on my blog- I would love to make one and send it to you. Go to www.debnronilylt.blogspot.com Look at the post called "Custom made"- leave me a comment.

Just a thought... said...

It was good to see you guys last week. Emily you are too cute, your tummy is so tiny! Thanks for being our couriers. We will have to invite you over for a thank you dinner soon! Can't wait to see your baby shower pictures.