Monday, April 13, 2009

Lots of updating

For Spring Break, John and I didn't get much of a break but our families did.

My parents came to visit us and helped us with some projects around the house. For some reason they like to be put to work when they come. Mom helped watch Lawren for me while my dad and I did some yard work. It's been getting more difficult with my growing belly, but I think Dad did a great job and I enjoyed working with him.
1) John sizing up his belly to mine; 2) I don't know why my dad wasn't in this picture but this is the bed we raised and planted some nandinas in; 3) My handy workmanship with the rocks; 4)Mom with Lawren at one of the nurseries.
Towards the end of the week we got to hang out with John's family who were visiting nearby San Antonio. We got to walk around the Alamo and check out one of the missions. John and I had been there before, but he loved it just as much the second time, especially since we got to spend some time with the family!
1) Walking down the beautiful archway at the Alamo; 2) The family after eating at Fudruckers in San Antonio; 3) Mom and Dad with Jenny and Sara at one of the Missions; 4) Again, picture from the missions; 5) It was a lot to read; 6) Me inside one of the rooms; 7) Sarah looking excited about being there; 8) Another cook archway; 9) John at the doorway to the Sanctuary


1) The detail work in the stone above the doorway; 2) John taking every moment to educate his younger sisters; 3) Sara is proving that she has learned something from geography at school; 4) Jenny trying to climb out of the one of the rooms.

Then at the end of the week, Jessica, Mike, the kids and thier Aunt Whitney (Mike's sister) went with us to the beach. I, being fully clothed was freezing, but somehow the kids were able to get past that and they had a great time! We were glad they came!
1) Benson happily hauling sand in a bucket at the beach; 2) Ben enjoying the water. He was in there most of the time; 3) Gracie and Mike testing our the water; 4) Gracie hauling sand; 5) Sabrina was very excited about something; 6) A cute picture of Jess and Mike walking with Breenie and Aunt Whitney holding Gracie, and Benson chasing the waves; 7) Sabrina showing uncle John something

No comments: