Recently we travelled to Oklahoma for the funeral of my grandmother: Betty Lou Ker. While it was good to see family again, it was an unexpected loss for our family.
Grandma has always been sick with one thing or another since I can remember, so I did not see how this time was any different. It was hard going "home" and not seeing her smiling face, sitting with her on the couch sharing a blanket, and her asking me about how my life is going. She was always smiling and ready to welcome anyone and everyone who came to her home.
I am so grateful for the wonderful women that she was and for the many things she has taught me over the years. Because of the Gospel, we understand that we will see her again, and I know she is taking good care of our little Sam who is waiting to come to earth. I'm glad they got to meet each other. I am grateful for eternal families. I am grateful for our Savoir who atoned for our sins so that we can return back to his presence again. I am grateful for the temples, and the opportunity it gives us to be sealed to our families forever. What a wonderful gift the Savoir has given us and may we always remember it.
1 comment:
beautifully written!! I think eveyone who went to the funeral left knowing that family was the most important thing to your grandma!! how lucky that you were able to grow up a few min away from her and create so many special memories.
Post a Comment