Some things we love about Sam:
Sam loves people. When not tired, he will go to pretty much anyone, and almost always has a smile to give. Even perfect strangers at the store are drawn in by his friendly face.
Sam likes to drink from straws. He is usually pretty good at it, and it makes it much easier to let him drink from us because previously he would grab the cup so ferociously that we wouldn't be able to get it away from him. Love the straw.
Sam also loves his pillow. I had made this huge pillow when we were first married to put on our futon, and now it resides in our living room. Sam will crawl all over it and plop down face first into it. It's usually followed by a wiggle to snuggle in deeper with a little giggle too.
Sam likes to be included in the fun. If there are other people laughing and having a good time, he will start laughing and give his biggest smile....which is very big!
Sam likes to make faces and talk to himself in the mirror in the car. We will hear him back there just jabbering and laughing. It's good that he will have a little brother to play with soon. I think they will get a long great.
Like I said, Sam likes to jabber. I remember when I was little and just made noise all the time; I believe Sam is on his way there. He just likes to hear the sounds his sweet voice makes.
When he's concentrating extra hard, he puckers up his lips and blows real low through them, making a whistling sound. I was quite impressed with this and if he can keep it up, he will be the first in his class to be able to whistle!
There are also some things that Sam does not like. Sam does not like to be away from his Daddy. Yes, he loves his mommy too of course, but if it is a choice between mom and dad, it will be dad. They are best buddies.
Sam also does not like furry animals. He starts to cry when they come near, and he will watch them to make sure they won't pounce, I guess. We got him a book of touch and feel furry things for his birthday, and he has had a hard time warming up to it. Hopefully he will grow out of this soon.
Sam also doesn't like the community water fountain. He doesn't like water shooting up at him...which I can understand. It even scared me once!
Because he is our first child, I could not pick just a few from the hundreds of pictures that we have. So here are collages of several! I have divided the pictures into months. I hope you have enjoyed seeing how much our Sam has grown. We are so glad that he is in our family and just love seeing him learn new things and grow!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!
July 17th, 2009 6lbs, 1 oz., 18 in long
1st Month of Life
2nd and 3rd Months

3rd-4th Months

4th-6th Months

7th-9th Months

9th- 11th Months

Goofy Sam Pictures

Birthday pictures will be on a following post . :-)
1 comment:
Loved your thoughts of Sam! Some of the pics I haven't seen....and loved the collages! Hugs!
Post a Comment