Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Some News and cute pictures of Sam

So for those of you who don't know yet, Sam is going to be a big brother come the middle of October! Doing the math, yes that means they will be 15 months apart. We are as surprised as you are! But also very excited! No Doctors were involved this time, except for the one who let me hear this new little baby's sweet little heartbeat. Hopefully Mr. Sam will be walking by then so I'm not carrying around at 15 m/o and an infant carrier! :-)

On to other cuter Sam things. This is what Sam was doing before he found his knees. He must've been watching his daddy work out doing planks or something. He apparently is a very strong baby. He definitely takes after his dad!

Here Sam is working on trying to crawl. He can't quite figure out how to get his hands to move when he is putting his weight on them. He can sit back up from being on his tummy though, so hopefully a crawl will be soon. He will be a much happier baby.

Sam's dad likes to do tricks with him. He thought it would be funny to get a picture of Sam flying through the air. Sam loved it, and John thought the picture was hilarious, so you get to see it too. This is the way we get him to settle down for bedtime. ;-)

Sam got these cute glasses from his baby shower, and I'm afraid we missed the window where he could wear them. His head is a little too big, so they don't fit quite right, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying them. As soon as he gets them off, they go right to the mouth. Plastic is apparently very tasty.

Sam decided that our Family Home Evening lesson was not as interesting as sleeping at the time. It is very unusual for him to just fall asleep, not in his crib. He must've been very tired. And then his dad didn't want to put him to bed, because he has discovered he likes cuddling with Sam. It's very sweet to see the two of them sitting all snug together. :-)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys. Isn't that always the way it is. It takes forever to have the first, and then you have no problem getting pregnant again after that.

Sis. Connell said...

Ah! Sam is so cute! I hope your other kid is good looking ;)

Jane Huddleston said...

YES! Congratulations! I had no idea. I'm very glad to hear the news! October sounds perfect. Maybe I'll plan for an October baby NEXT year. :)

I love you.

Bryce and Kathleen said...

Sam will be such a good big brother! I can't get over how cute he is. I love the bridge picture...or i mean push up picture. what a strong baby! :)

Molly said...

Wahoo! I'm glad you announced so I could be openly excited for you! The space between isn't as bad as you think. It's kinda fun! Love you!