Thursday, April 22, 2010

Quick on the Piggies..

They are made from finely ground oreos and cream cheese frosting to hold them together. I got the "recipe" from Mom Burkinshaw. Usually you use cream cheese, but these weren't going to be refridgerated. I still don't know how they taste because I haven't felt like trying them! :-P The ears are those little mint things, you can find them at Candy Craze? I don't know where else. I used an M&M for the nose and pushed it into the cookie ball. I put the sticks in them and put them in the fridge. Then I dipped them in the already colored "almond bark" pellets. I tried regular almond bark and put in colored/ flavored red syrup and it seized both times I tried it (even though it had worked a few weeks ealier). Then I just stuck them in a foam block to let them dry after putting on the ears.
There were so many problems with this project, and all on the night and morning of when they were supposed to be handed out. If you try it, give yourself a few days, they last for a while once they are coated!

No comments: