Friday, July 24, 2009

One Week Old

So Emily has been pretty busy with being a mom, and I'm finding that being a dad for a newborn doesn't require too much work yet (which is why I am writing the blog again). I change his diapers, but he's only had three messy diapers so far, so that's not too hard; I gave him his first washcloth bath this morning which took all of five minutes (there's not that much of him to wash, and his screaming encouraged me to hurry); and I hold him when he's sleeping just so I can feel like I'm contributing to his care, because it seems like whenever he's awake Emily is feeding him.

So I take pictures. Here's a few from Sam's first week of life.

He likes being swaddled and he loves his pacifier.


I remember loving it when my dad pulled out his guitar and sang us songs before bed. So I pulled my guitar out and started playing, and this is the reaction I got.

Here's a few of him trying to wake up.
I guess there's a reason they call it sleeping "like a baby".

5 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Your baby is adorable! Thank you for sharing his pictures with us.

Bryce and Kathleen said...

oh sam,he is so cute! i love how he was covering his ears while you played guitar...obviously you need to work on your guitar skills! :) we're so excited to meet him in a few weeks!

Morgan & Keri Woodhouse said...

Hey Burki's!
Congrats! We couldn't be happier for you guys! He is beautiful! Glad to hear all is well.

Love,
The Woodhouse's

Anonymous said...

Great job on the blog - work on that guitar playing sonny, babies have delicate ears! That was a great picture and so cute! Nap when Sam does. Hope all are well.
Love,
Charlie Diana Vince Josh and Jess

Jane Huddleston said...

I'm so excited for all of this!