Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas break in Bartlesville

We had a great Christmas break this year. All of John's family was there with all the new additions. It was good to see all of them, even though having both families in the same town makes it a little full.
Living in Texas we have many options when we want Mexican food. Bartlesville, however, only really offers one: Monterey's. Thank goodness I love their rice and queso and their sopapillas are FANTASTIC. One of the menu items is called the Texas Burrito. John has ordered and conqured it a few other times, but this time we have it in pictures.

Before

After

Just kidding, he was just fine.


I really really wanted to make a ginerbread house during Christmas break and my mom was able to make time in our busy Christmas Eve schedule to do it!!! This is the masterpiece that John and I made.

Notice the lovely icicles. That was my idea. The smoke was Dad's

2 comments:

Just a thought... said...

What an awesome gingerbread house! The pretzel roof is amazing. What a great idea! I've always wanted to make one for Christmas too, but then we get too busy so it never happens. I'd love to get your recipe for the frosting. Great job!

Anonymous said...

SICK JOHN!! I can't believe you ate all that! Monterrey's definitely is the #1 restaurant in Bville though!