Monday, April 14, 2008

John in China

As you may know John left last Friday to go to China. He said he has had a good time so far and is excited for the training the next two weeks. He's had a chance to do some exploring, and while the shopping district had a lot of stores that we might see, Nike, Nokia etc. He finally found a store that had some handcrafted pieces that he liked. He included a picture in the email he recently sent.

The time is about 13 hours a head over there so I will call or John will around 8 or 9am our time. It was nice getting woken up this morning to my husbands voice. I have a feeling that my excitment will increase with every phone call. 16 days is a long time to be apart!

In spite of having one less member at home, I have been able to get some things done. I mowed the backyard and washed the car on Sat. Things that I would have waited for John to do. :-) I got a little pink washing the car and it's a little itchy and I'm sad that there is no one to help put aloe on it! Funny how you notice those things more once there is no one to help.

Anyway, here are John's pictures.







John hanging out in the gardens with a big Buddah






The fish carving that John haggled with. Pretty neat huh?

They have lots of gardens in China!

2 comments:

Jane Huddleston said...

So cool! I'm glad he's having fun. Sorry you have to be lonely for a little while though. I love seeing all these pictures. Especially your new haircut.

How are you?

Unknown said...

ah reminds me of home! hope John had fun!!!!! Too bad you couldn't go exploring with him! Fun to catch up on your pix and life! love you!