Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Today is the day I can say I updated our blog!

When I saw that it had been over two months since I last posted, and even then, said very little about our lives, I thought I would take the opportunity to update while the boys were sleeping.
Our little baby: Caleb, is over the baby hill! He is now 8 months old (I started this particular blog when he was 7 months) and as sweet as can be. Some fun things about Caleb:

Caleb loves to eat. He will grab anything that is put in front of him. He has learned to get more puffs in his mouth than on the floor, and he devours them by the handful. (He has graduated from puffs and now prefers more sophisticated foods like Little Ceasar's crazy bread, and pizza, and anything he can get his hands on)


Caleb loves to watch his big brother. He will just stare and smile at him for as long as Sam can stand it. He also likes to try to touch Sam. It reminds me of when we visited the Burkinshaws and Sam kept trying to touch Spencer. Funny how things change so quickly!

Caleb wakes up a very happy baby. When I go to get him, I get a big squeal and when I pick him up, he grabs my face and is just so excited he can't stand it, that he tries to eat my nose, or chin, or cheek. Very sweet!

He is sitting up all by himself, and looks like he wants to start crawling. He does not like to be left alone, so hopefully he will soon be able to figure out how to follow us around.



He is getting his bottom two teeth in and has been absolutely wonderful about it! He's more of a cuddler than a cryer with the teeth stuff. It's wonderful!

Overall, he is a very happy baby. He loves to talk and squeal, and loves being squeezed. Which is good because he's very squeezable! :-)


Sam is growing up so fast! In a little less than a month our first little man will be 2! Some fun things about Sam:

Sam loves his blanket, and pillow pet, and cloths, and little dog, and rocks and the list goes on and on. When we get him out of his crib in the morning, he starts to hand you all the things he has in it, so he can then haul it around with him. The other day, we were trying to get to the car and his little arms were full of his toys, which kept falling out as he would try to pick up a new one. Yes, it does sound like something out of a movie, and yes, it is as funny as you are imagining. Hopefully this habit will subside with time, otherwise this could pose some promlems for his future! (we have yet to get a picture of this, but we will post as soon as we do.





Sam loves ice cream, and anything sweet. He still eats very little, but most days it doesn't bother him, and he has as much energy as the next kid x 2.
Speaking of eating, Sam does like to eat shredded cheese. It can't be the kind I shred up, it has to be from the bag, and well, the movie speaks for itself. He finds all sorts of good uses for it. Apparently it makes for a good head covering?





He likes to act out movies. He will watch "Up" and pretend to get out of bed with Mr. Fredrickson and stretch, moan, and crack his back. He also adjusts his hearing aid. In "Bambi" he likes to thump his foot like Thumper. I have often caught him in front of our fireplace doors, talking to himself- hand motions and all. When we get ready for baths Sam likes to check himself out in the mirror. He is quite proud with the way he looks, which is all that matters.

Here Sam is reading his Sunday School lesson, sitting on "the pot". Silly guy.

Whenever there is something on TV where someone is running, racing or dancing, Sam is right there doing it! Whoever said kids don't get enough excercise when they watch TV has never met Sam.

Sam knows to fold his arms when we have prayers. It doesn't usually last long as he can only do so much trying to reach for something with his arms folded. One night, after he had been especially "energetic", We knelt down for family prayers, and little Sam knelt down and folded his little arms with out being asked. Of course John had asked me to give the prayer, and since my patience was thin that day, the sight of my sweet little boy ready to pray next to his father broke me down. That prayer took longer to get through than normal.

My parents came for a trip the beginning of this month, and we stayed a few days in Galveston. It was quite relaxing, and was probably one of the most pleasant trips I have had to the beach in a long time. It really makes a difference when you can wash all the sand off before you go inside, and you can just walk to the beach. It was just wonderful being there, and hanging out. We can't wait to do it again!

As for me and John, we're still here. John just finished a week at Scout Camp (Thanks mom and dad for keeping me company while he was gone). He still works with the deacons, and is still working at Dow. For the most part, our lives outside of the children, haven't changed.

Oh wait. I am now working as an Energy Consultant for Alliance Power Group, Inc. I have a work phone AND business cards! We work primarily with commercial businesses, and after 3 months of working, will have my first paycheck (which means I have gotten my first deal) in September! It is very exciting!!! Good things come to those who wait. Work has been one of the reasons I havn't had a chance to update. When the boys are sleeping, I try to get as many calls in as I possibly can. This leaves little time for blog updates. I have decided that balance is always good, so I give myself time off every now and again. The many benefits of working from home, and doing the kind of work I do. I love it!

I know it was long, but hopefully if I keep it up, I won't have to make them quite so long in the future! Have a great day!

1 comment:

CC said...

Thanks for updating your blog! ;-P And sharing those sweet moments along with the funny ones!

I do think Sam is trying to say "camera" and knows what "cheese" means....for the camera! haha! Too funny!