Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh, what to say.

I feel like there hasn't been much going on. I have a new calling...I am the new Young Women's President in our ward. It is kind of crazy because I was only a Young Women just a few short 6 years ago. There are 7 girls and they are really great. Hopefully I'll remember that I am the leader and not just one of the girls.
Other updates: my hair is no longer black. I decided to dye it lighter, which is actually not very easy. It worked out well because it happened around the time of Eduard and John and I were both not working. Which was good because I needed lots of help and it took all day. Apparently you have to strip your hair first, which turns it a lovely orange color. Stripping takes FOREVER and is not so great for your hair. Then we dyed it a more suitable color. It was very nerve wrecking and I was almost regretting it every step of the way, but it turned out ok. I'll post some pics here in a little bit.
Other things: John is working a project up in Houston. Which means he gets up at 5 and leaves a little before 6 and gets home a little after 6. So it's a pretty long day for him. I've been trying to be better at getting dinner ready and having the house clean. After his frist day I had Shasta Cream Soda and Hershey's almond toffee bites waiting for him. I really love my workin' man.
Oh yes! This weekend we are in a Triathalon Relay. Our friend Leah is swimming first, then Elise is running a 5k, then I'm running a 5k (hahahaha) and John is biking 15 miles. Sounds like fun huh? I tried running last night for the first time in...I can't actually think of the last time I ran, and it was aweful. I just hope John gets to start his bike ride. We'll give you more update after the race! :-)

3 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Congratulations on your new calling! You are definitely following in your mom's foot steps. You will do a wonderful job since you learned from the best! Good luck in your triathalon. running in the Texas heat and humidity = not much fun!

Annie said...

Good luck on your calling. You'll do great. And anyone can just get out and run a few miles, right? It'll be another one of those character builders.

Unknown said...

good luck on your new calling. The bishopric member called us the other day to set up an appointment and I'm scared to find out... good luck, well actually it's probably more like how was your race? :) Those are always fun!